Often, production and material orders will be routed to the same person and/or location as they move from stage to stage. Manufacton allows, on a project-by-project basis, standardized routing to be configured.
To configure project-based order routing:
- Select App & Project Setup
- Select Projects and select the project to configure
- Select the Order Routing tab within the project
- Select one of the five order types to manage routing:
- Transfer Requests
- For each stage that the order goes through, select the owner and/or location to which it should be routed as well as who should be notified of the stage change
- If no change is to be made or default is not needed, "No Change" can be selected.Select the checkbox to save the changes
Here's a view of Order Routing view for Basic Production Orders:
Note: The options in the Assembly and Kit prodution orders are the same as for
Basic Production Orders.
As the orders are moved through the process, the Owner and/or Location (and notification) options within the move dialog will be set to the values set in the Order Routing settings. This value can be modified as exceptions are required:
Note: If an order is started in Detailing or Manufacturing and a template
is used to create the order, the Template's Location and Owner
settings will be used rather than the Project's Order Routing (if there
is a conflict).
For Transfer Requests, both Pick and Stock, Owners and others who should be Notified can be defined as part of the Order Routing feature