For any number of reasons, there are times when a scheduled shipment isn't going to happen.
There are also times when a critical mistake is made creating a shipment and the best thing to do is to just remove that shipment and start over.
Whatever the reason, Manufacton can handle it!
Note: Currently, once a shipment has been removed, it cannot be restored.
Please remove shipping orders cautiously
Removing a Shipment
Shipments with the following status can be removed from the system:
- In Transit
Note: Removing "Complete" Shipping Orders may have unintended consequences
where the complete chain of events for items in the shipment could be lost.
If the desired result is to not see Complete Shipping Orders in the
Supply Chain list, applying a filter to remove those shipments may make
Removing Standard Shipments
To remove a Standard Shipping Order:
- Select the ellipse next to the order
- Select "Delete"
- Select "Delete" in the Confirmation
Understanding Where the Items in the Shipment Go
Once the Shipping Order is removed, the items within that order have to "live" somewhere!
Ultimately, where those items end-up depends on a few things:
- Were they part of a "Completed" Shipment?
- From where did they originate?
Items in a Completed shipment that has been removed will continue to have a status of "Completed" in their Production or Material Order.
Items in a Partial Shipment which has been removed will be listed as "Unscheduled" as part of the Master Shipment and will need to be scheduled as part of a new Partial Shipment.
Items in a Standard Shipment which has been removed will be moved back to their "origin".
Depending on where the order was created, the "origin" for an order could be one (1) of four (4) places:
- The Inventory location from which the item originated if the item was added to the shipment directly from Inventory
- The completed Manufacturing Order from which the item originated if the item was added to the shipment directly from Manufacturing
- The Material Order from which the item originated if the item was added to the shipment directly from a Material Order
- The QA Order from which the item originated if the item was added to the shipment directly from QA