Have you ever created a shipping order, and then wanted to split that order into multiple, staged shipments?
Conversely, have you ever received a shipment that did not contain everything that it should have?
In both cases, shipments that have multiple deliveries will show the number of deliveries in the Delivs column. Shipments that have multiple deliveries with different statuses will be shown as Mixed.
Creating New Partial Shipments
After you complete creating any Shipping Order, you can split the deliveries for that order into multiple deliveries.
Once you've created the shipment and are managing the order, you can split items and/or decrement the quantity of items in the delivery, moving those items into the newly created delivery.
Note: Only deliveries which are listed as "Scheduled" can be edited.
It is possible to "Cancel" an "In Transit" order to allow it to be edited.
Once items have been split into a new delivery, the original delivery remains and can continue to be split or scheduled.
If items or quantities of items are removed from a delivery that is "Scheduled", those items are moved to an "Unscheduled" category and can be placed into a new delivery at a later time:
- Selecting the Items icon in a delivery opens the Delivery's Items dialog
- It is then possible to remove an item or reduce the quantity of that item
- Once the Update is complete
- Those items are moved to Unscheduled
- From which a new delivery can be created
Adding to shipment
Existing Shipping orders can have additional items added to them. Opening any Scheduled or In Transit shipping orders allows you to add additional items to the shipment:
- Items available in existing Material Orders in the Ordering Stage can be added.
- Items available in the inventory location from which the order is being shipped can be added
- Both Production and Material Orders can be added to a Shipping Order from Inventory.
- New items, created in a New Material Order or added to an existing Material Order can be added.
Partially Receiving a Shipment
Regardless of how a shipment is created, if, during the receiving process, only a portion of the items or partial quantities of items are received, that delivery can be split into two deliveries, using the process documented above, allowing the items which are on the truck to be received and those which will be delivered at another time to be rescheduled.
Note: Removing items or quantities of items while receving them does not create a
new partial or unchseduled delivery!
Those items are considered permanently lost or damaged,
marked as Under Delivered, and CANNOT BE INCLUDED in future
Receiving Damaged/Permanently Missing Items
During the receipt of items, if there are damaged items or items deemed permanently missing, it is possible to remove them from the receipt and mark them permanently "Under Delivered":
- Begin the Receive Shipment of the delivery
- Reduce the quantity of the item which is damaged or permanently lost and/or
- Uncheck the item which is damaged or permanently lost
- Indicate the Issue with the item(s)
- Select Receive
- Those items will be permanently moved to a delivery row entitled [Under Delivered Items]
Note: It is not possible to take any further action on items in the
[Under Delivered Items] row.
THIS PROCESS CANNOT BE UNDONE
Here's a quick video on how this process works: Creating / Managing and Receiving Partial Shipments: