Manufacton is a great way to understand hours spent on production tasks. These can, in turn, be used to track the health of a project's production goals and for future production rate estimates. The following guide will help capture productivity metrics and track productivity for your projects.
These can be broken into three main areas:
Manufacton defines productivity as:
In order to have an accurate baseline for comparison, users can use ManufactOn to plan out the production rates for each work package going through the shop.
- Make sure the company and project have been set-up for productivity tracking. See the article on Setting-up Productivity Tracking for additional information.
- Once in the Detailing stage, add Runs to the prefab order you wish to track productivity on.
- Save and move into the Manufacturing stage.
Note: This process can be significantly optimized by leveraging templates as
part of the workflow. Pre-defining planned hours/item in templates and having
those templates applied to the Production Orders enables better order
scheduling, optimization and load-balancing.
See the Order Templates KB article to learn more about leveraging templates.
Users can capture productivity for different prefab or shop orders through the browser and through the mobile app. See the following for information on both methods.
- Orders that are in the Manufacturing, Quality Assurance stage or beyond can be selected from the Production Manager Module. Even Production orders which have moved on past the Production Manager module (into Inventory, Shipping, even Completed orders) can have their productivity data modified..
- Click on the order in which productivity is to be tracked
- The "Planned Hours (All Items)" multiplies the item quantity by the "Planned Hours" value. See the Items sub-tab to identify and update the number of items to be produced.
There are three (3) ways to track Actual Hours:
- The first option is to directly enter the Actual Hours for the Work Step
- The second option is to select the Add Manual Work Time button
- Enter the Work Duration
- Enter the Number of Workers
- Enter Add Time
- The third option is to select the Start Stopwatch Icon which will start a timer in the background and turn the stopwatch for that Work Step red. After the work is complete, return to the Work Step and select the red Stop Stopwatch icon again to activate the Add Recorded Work Time
- The elapsed time will be presented as the Work Duration
- Enter the Number of Workers that performed the work step
- The Total Work Time will update
- Select Add Time to update record the time for the Work Steps
- The Continue Timer option will not record any time, but rather continue the stopwatch counting in the background
- The Cancel Timer option allows you to cancel the stopwatch and delete any captured time that the stopwatch is tracking for that work step (typically used if/when a stopwatch is started by accident)
- Select the order from the mobile app list or from a QR label scan.
- Select the run on which you wish to track productivity
- Add crew hours spent on task.
- If the run is not complete, fill out the percentage complete so far.
- Once the run is complete, select checkbox next to the item(s) that have been completed.
- Select the Done button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Save on the following screen.