The Manufacton mobile app has been optimized for team members who are responsible for your company's inventory to track, audit, update and transfer those items critical to your success.
The tools in the mobile app have been designed for people on the floor or in the field who are at a specific location to be able to manage the items in that location.
Inventory Management on the mobile enables two fundamental functions:
- Perform audits to true-up the count of what items are where
- Actively manage the movement of those items around those locations by fulfilling Transfer Requests
Note: The web based browser app may have a bit better utility for finding
items for which the location is unknown.
Directly Modifying Inventory - Audits
Inventory is managed on the mobile app by selecting:
- It may be necessary to select the More button to get to Inventory
- Nested Company Locations will be shown with a "turner" icon
- Classic Company Locations and Project Delivery Locations will be available as well
- Select the desired location
- A list of all the items in that location will be displayed
- To navigate back to the previous location or start screen, the left arrow can be selected
Selecting any of those items will bring up additional information about that item.
- The top of the screen provides information about that item in the location selected, additional locations where that item is or has been stored are shown in the section(s) below.
- If there are items in a Project Delivery Location, that location will be given, and...
- The specific Project to which the item belongs will be provided [in brackets]
- If the item currently, or has ever, been stored in other Nested Company Locations, those locations will be shown
- A Turn Down icon will expose additional information about that item in that location
- Selecting the Edit pencil allows that item's count in that location to be directly modified (assuming the user has the necessary permissions). This is likely to take place during an audit.
- Item count can be directly decreased or
- Item count can be Increased
- Notes regarding the change can be captured
- Select the save check to save the changes
Here is a brief (~4:20) video on Managing Inventory on a mobile device: